I enjoy cooking. I really do. But, I LOVE to bake. So here is another yummy recipe, this time using fresh zucchini from my mom’s garden. If you hate zucchini, try this regardless. I think I’ll make a lover out of you.
1 3/4 finely ground spelt flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. flax meal
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup maple syrup or cane sugar
1/3 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup freshly grated zucchini
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Stir together flour, baking soda, sea salt, flax meal, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda. Whisk until blended.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup (or sugar) safflower oil, and almond milk. Mix wet into dry.
3. Grate 1 cup of zucchini and gather 1/2 cup raisins + walnuts (optional). Fold in to wet/dry combo.
4. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool before slicing.