A plethora of summer fruit at my fingertips lead me down this path…. Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. flax meal
- 8 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 cups organic blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, flax meal, sour cream, almond extract, and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy. Fold wet into dry.
In a bowl, toss blueberries with remaining teaspoon flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan or a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Bake bundt cake at 350 for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto a rack; cool completely, top side up. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.